I know it’s a small thing really but it’s given me such a buzz. Oh heck, I will admit it, I actually made a ‘Squee’ noise when I saw that Carrie Rubin over at The Write Transition had given me the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks Carrie! Loving your blog and just plain old loving you right now for the ego boost!
So, after the little happy dance, I suddenly thought ‘Wait there are rules?’ Then I promptly panicked about knowing 15 other blogs. Turns out, I have been following more folks than I thought.
So, here are the rules!
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post (done)
- Share 7 things about yourself (Oh heck, I have to be interesting now??)
- Pass this award along to 15 others (Um.. oh there’s her.. and them.. and well see below for some cool blogs)
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award (Yay!)
Seven Things You Didn’t Already Know…
- Until this moment, I wasn’t sure how to do bullet points and number lists. Yes, I’m still learning how WordPress works.
- I’m wheat intolerant which makes impromptu parties tricky.
- My cat only has three legs due to a brain-fart on her part of epic proportions as a kitten.
- The smell of filter coffee makes me dizzy but I love to go into coffee shops.
- I am willing to sing nursery rhymes to my baby on the bus but can’t sing if people are looking at me.
- I still have my first ever written story from when I was in primary school.
- I will often wake up with a brilliant idea and I keep a notebook next to the bed for sanity’s sake.
Phew! That was harder than I thought it would be. Now for ‘easy’ bit. You need to go look at these fab people.
Fifteen Blogs You Really Ought to Know!
- Elizabeth Barrow – Great writing advice and tips
- Robotic Rhetoric – Always makes me laugh and gives great advice too.
- Threadbare Gypsy Soul – Inspirational to me
- Kristen Lamb – Giving out writer truths
- Writing Sisters – Writing advice and tips
- Kenra Daniels – Writes steamy paranormal romance, a girl after my own heart.
- Kateschannel – Writer and Angry Bird addict
- Nancy’s Notes from Florida – Another writer who tells me how she does it.
- Everybody Needs a Little Romance – A fab site, chock full of info for romance writers.
- Write 2 Be – Thoughts and inspiration about writing
- Pennerstories – Always a thought provoking article to be found here
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch – Lots and lots and LOTS of really useful articles here and she’s a great fiction writer too. I kinda wanna be her when I grow up.
- The Creative Penn – Great information on writing.
- This Writing Life – Pithy articles and a really good series on freelancing.
- Novel Spaces – Some amazing guest bloggers and fab giveaways. Hey, would you say no to free books?
So there you have it. Seven things about me, fifteen blogs I follow. Now all I need to do is go tell they rock! 🙂 And yes I have only realised I seem to be obsessed with writer’s blogs. We are truly not alone!